Alpha Wire Deploys Military-Grade Wire and Cable
Premium Product Offering Designed to Withstand the Harshest Environments
Elizabeth, NJ, July 14, 2010 – Alpha Wire’s market-specific product solution set targets military applications with military-grade cable and wire, made of premium compounds under the tightest manufacturing standards, to provide maximum reliability in the most unforgiving surroundings. Supporting applications such as tactical communications equipment, advanced radar units, automated weapons control systems, and ground combat vehicles, Alpha Wire is proven throughout the industry.
“Military applications demand durable cable and wire that provide steadfast operation,” said Mike Dugar, Director of Marketing at Alpha Wire. “Our cable and wire has extensive experience in military applications and has developed a reputation of unrelenting performance in the most hazardous conditions. Plus, our extensive product portfolio, custom capabilities, and quick turnarounds on orders ensure that you receive the cable you need, when you need it.”
In addition to custom cable for special applications, Alpha Wire also offers the following established products for military equipment:
• Xtra-Guard® 1 Performance Cable has a specially formulated PVC jacket that prevents heat build-up for unstoppable reliability in a communication and control cable.
• Xtra-Guard 2 Performance Cable has a unique polyurethane jacket for superior oil and abrasion resistance in mechanical applications.
• Xtra-Guard 4 Performance Cable is a multi-functional product featuring a TPE jacket for advanced chemical performance and a wide temperature range, making it perfect for rugged, high-speed applications.
• Xtra-Guard 5 Performance Cable offers a FEP insulation and jacket for outstanding temperature durability and resists all oils, solvents, and fuels. Xtra-Guard 5 is designed to withstand the most hazardous of environments.
• Manhattan™ High-Temperature Cable meets the demanding temperature requirements for control and power applications at a wide range from -55°C to +200°C. Its silver plated braid shield also leads to outstanding EMI protection.
• Hook-Up Wire for any military equipment need, with a choice of solid or stranded conductors, a wide array of insulation options, and a host of MIL-spec configurations.
• FIT® Heat-Shrink Tubing offers a unique way of adding durability and reliability to any application or environment without sacrificing flexibility.
• FIT Wire Management covers a broad spectrum of application solutions from wire protection to organization. The variety of materials allows for added defense against abrasion, chemicals, temperature, grounding, and EMI.
For additional information, call us at 800-52-ALPHA (522-5742) or click here to visit our landing page for Military.
About Alpha Wire
For over 80 years, Alpha Wire has designed and manufactured industry-leading wire, cable, and tubing products for factory automation, packaging, automotive, alternative energy, military, and other technically advanced applications. Beyond giving our customers the cables they trust for quality and reliable high performance, we give them the committed service they deserve. We help customers find the best possible solutions to production and manufacturing challenges with small put-ups, logistical excellence, and broad inventory for dependable, same-day shipment.