Alpha Wire Extends Rugged Sleeving Line
Tough Woven Sleeving Added to FIT® Wire Management Line
Elizabeth, NJ, September 22, 2010 – Alpha Wire is proud to announce a line extension of its popular FIT Sleeving product family. The new offering is comprised of rugged sleeving products that are designed for wire and cable applications that demand superior abrasion resistance, high operating temperatures, and/or resistance to oils, solvents, and chemicals. Available in an assortment of wrappable, expandable, and non-expandable configurations, the new FIT rugged sleeving is ideal for military, industrial, and other potentially hazardous applications.
“The new FIT rugged sleeving products allow us to expand our already considerable offering of wire management products,” said Konstantin Khitrik, Product Manager at Alpha Wire. “With accessories ranging from heat-shrink, rigid, and flexible tubing to lacing cords and EMI shielding tape, Alpha Wire has an unparalleled range of wire management accessories.”
The new FIT rugged sleeving products are available in the following configurations:
• Flexible, Semirigid Wrappable Sleeving: 10-mil PET braid, more flexible than spiral wrap or split convoluted tubing, available with an installation tool for fast and easy wrap-around installation. Flame resistant and flame retardant constructions available.
• Advanced Performance Expandable Sleeving: 20-mil nylon polyamide monofilament for extreme abrasion resistance without losing flexibility or durability. Expandable to 150% and resists fuels, solvents, salt water, chemicals, and UV rays.
• Advanced Chemical Resistance Expandable Sleeving: 8-mil polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) monofilaments for advanced acid, base, solvent, and fuel resistance. Ultra-lightweight with high abrasion resistance, expandable to 150%, and flame resistant.
• Maximum Performance Expandable Sleeving: Flat 20-mil nylon filaments for superior coverage and abrasion resistance. Resists fuels, solvents, chemicals, salt water, and UV rays; smooth inner wall prevents internal abrasion damage.
• Extreme Performance Sleeving: 16-mil PTFE filaments resists virtually all chemicals and UV rays. Features a wide temperature range of -70°C to +280°C, thermally stable with low outgassing, and suitable for plenum use.
• Abrasion-Resistant Non-Expandable Nylon Sleeving: 45-mil tightly woven thick nylon for best-in-class abrasion resistance. Deflects high-pressure hose ruptures and resists fuels, chemicals, UV rays, rot, and vermin.
For additional information and to request product samples, contact Alpha Wire at 800-52-ALPHA (522-5742) or visit the Company's website at www.alphawire.com.
About Alpha Wire
For over 80 years, Alpha Wire has designed and manufactured industry-leading wire, cable, and tubing products for factory automation, packaging, automotive, alternative energy, and other technically advanced applications. Beyond giving our customers the cables they trust for quality and reliable high performance, we give them the committed service they deserve. We help customers find the best possible solutions to production and manufacturing challenges with small put-ups, logistical excellence, and broad inventory for dependable, same-day shipment.