Alpha Wire Introduces Smaller Gauge Xtra-Guard® Cables
26 and 28 AWG Conductors Allow Smaller, More Flexible Cable
Elizabeth, NJ, November 12, 2008 -- Alpha Wire is extending the Xtra-Guard family of performance cables with new 26 AWG (0.14 mm2) and 28 AWG (0.09 mm2) stranded conductors. Smaller gauge conductors help reduce the cable diameter, help provide better flexibility, increase compatibility with today’s smaller connectors, and still provide the high performance and system reliability for which Xtra-Guard is known.
The new small-gauge cables are available with a variety of conductors and twisted pairs. Shielding options include unshielded, foil, and Supra-Shield® foil/braid. Supra-Shield is Alpha’s proprietary high-performance shielding consisting of a trilaminate foil and tinned copper braid to achieve exceptional EMC performance.
“The Xtra-Guard family is well known in the industry for its ruggedness and high performance in demanding applications,” says Mike Dugar, Senior Product Manager at Alpha Wire. “By extending the line to 26 and 28 gauge, we give users even more choice in meeting critical design and application requirements—and especially in applications where the need for smaller cables and increased flexibility doesn’t allow any compromise in performance.”
Xtra-Guard is Alpha’s family of high-performance cables available in a wide variety of grades to cover applications from demanding to severe.
- Xtra-Guard 1 meets the needs of critical signal applications
- Xtra-Guard 2 is a heavy-duty cable offer enhanced resistance to abrasion, mechanical stress, oils, solvents, and fuels
- Xtra-Guard 3 is an outdoor cable, offering resistance to weathering, moisture, and UV aging and allowing direct burial with conduit
- Xtra-Guard 4 is a cable with excellent high and low temperature performance
- Xtra-Guard 5 offers outstanding high-temperature performance and resists all oils, solvents, and fuels
- Xtra-Guard Flex is a line of cables for high-flex applications such as motion control
For additional information, contact Alpha Wire at 800-52-ALPHA (522-5742) or visit the Company's Web site at www.alphawire.com.
About Alpha Wire
For over 80 years, Alpha Wire has designed and manufactured industry-leading wire, cable, and tubing products for factory automation, automotive, alternative energy, and other technically advanced applications. Beyond giving our customers the cables they trust for quality and reliable high performance, we give them the committed service they deserve. We help customers find the best possible solutions to production and manufacturing challenges. We offer small put-ups, logistical excellence, and broad inventory for dependable, same-day shipment and next-day delivery to most international destinations.